
Photo courtesy of PNP/Facebook
Authorities arrested a man in Mandaluyong City after he attempted to claim a Php 172-million lottery prize using a reportedly falsified ticket, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said Wednesday.
The incident took place on April 27, 2026 at the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO), where the suspect presented the ticket for verification.
PCSO personnel found that the winning number combination had already been claimed by a legitimate winner, raising doubts on the validity of the document.
A closer inspection of the ticket showed signs of tampering, including handwritten entries, which were later confirmed as altered by PCSO security and data officials.
The suspect was immediately taken into custody inside the premises, while the questionable ticket was secured as evidence.
He was later brought for medical examination before being turned over to police authorities for detention and documentation.
Police said charges for falsification of public documents will be filed in coordination with the Mandaluyong City Prosecutor’s Office.